Gold Open Access Expedition
£425 per candidate (does not include transport).
East Coast Outdoors CIC takes responsibility for the whole expedition under our risk assessments, safe operating procedures and insurance. We hold an AALA licence and pride ourselves on delivering high quality memorable experiences which challenge candidates.
We accept direct participants and provide additional support to help them take up the challenge and succeed.
What we provide:
- Maps, compasses, light weight tents, stoves and fuel.
- Overnight accommodation on the first night (of each trip) along with an evening meal and breakfast the next morning.
- Email access to the Expedition Manager before the trip takes place.
- Expedition Leaders, Competent Adults and Assessors.
- We have limited stock of rucksacks, waterproofs and roll mats which we can provide free of charge (subject to satisfactory return) if required.
Gold expedition package includes:
- 2 days of training covering all the essential criteria to prepare candidates for their experience.
- Fully supervised 4-day practice expedition (plus a travel day)
- Fully supervised 5-day qualifying expedition (plus travel and acclimatisation).
- Campsite fees / first night accommodation.
- Completion of the relevant forms and documentation.
- Upload assessor report direct onto edofe.
Delivering a gold expedition takes place in wild country. Areas we operate in are listed on the DofE Website https://www.dofe.org/run/expeditionareas/
What isn’t included:
- Expedition food/snacks/drinks
- Walking Boots, ruc-sac and personal kit
- Travel to the starting venue(s) Candidates are expected to get to the start under their own steam. We feel that this forms part of the experience and is a good life skill.
Our 2020 Offer
- Training 7 – 8 March 2020 (West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds)
- Practice 3 – 7 April 2020 (Yorkshire Dales)
- Qualifier 5 – 10 July 2020 (Rhinogs, Snowdonia National Park)
Dates will not be changed, so please make sure you are available for everything before booking a place using the booking form.
Payment and Booking
To book a place please complete the online booking form. Once the form is received you will be asked to make a £50 non-refundable deposit. You can then decide to either pay the remainder in full or stagger payments over 3 instalments.
Any questions please contact us by phone on 07706 476179 or email at : firstname.lastname@example.org.